13 March, 2014

Deja Vu and Doctor Who

To my wonderful friends Television and Pinterest, thank you so very much. This is what you've done to me.

Sitting at my computer, I started having deja vu, and my sense of normal was not helped by the fact that it was a deja vu about a deja vu I could swear I'd had before. But it made me think of some pin I saw about...can't remember exactly, something like...what if deja vu happens because you died and are restoring from your most recent backup? And my addled brain actually took the time to consider this as a possibility.

"Hm, I don't think anything happened. I certainly don't remember anything that would have killed me..." But of course rather than shut down this nonsense train, I pounced immediately upon the most obvious and likely conclusion. "Crap, if I don't remember dying...did I get killed by a Silent?!" And yes, oh my sweet, embarrassed lord, yes, I CHECKED MY ARMS FOR HASH MARKS. Didn't see any, though. Why not? "Duh, brain, why do you think you don't have hash marks on your arms? It's because you don't have any pens in here!"

I really should keep a pen handy, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment